The House Republicans nominated former Soros-funded group spokesman Tom Emmer (RINO-MN) as their candidate for Speaker, once again spitting in the conservative movement’s face.
He managed to prevail after five rounds by a 20-vote margin over runner-up Mike Johnson of Louisiana.
Following the vote, the House GOP held a roll call vote in conference to determine whether Emmer would have the votes to prevail on the House floor. The Minnesota RINO specifically asked for one.
He did not succeed. Jake Sherman of Punchbowl News says there were 26 Nos.
Melanie Zanona of CNN has a list of the 26 brave patriots standing with We the People. Note the number of Jim Jordan fans:
1. Rick Allen (R-GA) — Johnson
2. Jim Banks (R-IN) — Jordan
3. Andy Biggs (R-AZ) — Present
4. Josh Brecheen — Jordan
5. Mike Cloud (R-TX) — Jordan
6. Andrew Clyde (R-GA) — Jordan
7. Mike Collins (R-GA) — Jordan
8. Eli Crane (R-AZ) — Johnson
9. Warren Davidson (R-OH) — Present
10. Bob Good (R-VA)– Johnson
11. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) — Jordan
12. Marjorie Taylor-Greene (R-GA) — Jordan
13. Diane Harshbarger (R-TN) — Johnson
14. Ronny Jackson (R-TX) — Jordan
15. Tom Massie (R-KY) — Jordan
16. Max Miller (R-OH)– Jordan
17. Mary Miller (R-IL)–Jordan
18. Cory Mills (R-FL)– Donalds
19. Troy Nehls (R-TX) — present
20. Ralph Norman (R-SC) — Jordan
21. Andy Ogles (R-TN) — Jordan
22. Scott Perry (R-PA) — Jordan
23. Chip Roy (R-TX) — Present
24. Keith Self (R-TX) — Jordan
25. Greg Steube (R-FL) — present
26. Anna Paulina Luna (R-FL)–Johnson
Democrats, however, appear willing to help Emmer overcome this conservative obstacle provided they get a few concessions in return, namely aid to Ukraine and Israel.
They see Emmer as the “least objectionable” GOPer in no small part because he voted to certify the 2020 Presidential election, which was ridden with irregularities.
In addition to defying the Republican base on the 2020 election, Emmer wants to change the US Constitution to eliminate the Electoral College, giving radical left blue states like California the ultimate power to choose the US President via popular vote. He also reportedly worked against Trump candidates in the 2022 election.